The Madeline Hunter MethodDr. Madeline Hunter was a professor and guru of teacher education, at UCLA, and the creator of the the Instructional Theory Into Practice model of teacher. Most famously she developed an ingenious model of direct instruction and student engagement - often referred to as the Madeline Hunter Method that, with very few modifications - is perfect for today's classroom. Madeline Cheek Hunter (1916–1994)
Schools of FISH!FISH! or the FISH Philosophy began at Pike's Place Fish Market, in Seattle, Washington, and was conceived to energize and motivate businesses - next came FISH! for Schools -this amazing multi-part professional development series, with hardback book and teacher journal - is a must do for all
BIRDWALK: Call to all educators out there in charge of PD - FISH! for Schools can be purchased here!
The basic tenants follow the FISH! formula:
- Choose Your Attitude: No matter what the day throws at you, you can choose how to respond.
- Be There: When people need you, they need all of you, be fully present.
- Make Their Day: Find ways to value people.
- Play: Bring a spirit of enthusiasm, creativity and fun to work. You'll accomplish more.
Critical Elements: Evidence of all elements must be present during instruction in order to be considered standards based instruction.
- Teach to the objective
- Correct level of difficulty
- Monitor and adjust
- Active Participation
- Be There
- Make Their Day
- Choose Your Attitude
- Visible or observable behavior of the learner.
- Learners demonstrate engagement of their minds on the learning in an observable way.
- Observable student behaviors that are relevant to learning.
- Invisible or unobservable behavior of the learner.
- Unobservable behaviors that are relevant to the learning.
Schools of FISH!
Today's Freebie: Please download and - when you are teaching the unit - please think about what you just read:No Prep Book Unit for Cindy Ellen: A Wild Western Cinderella
REFERENCESHeath, Marilyn. Madeline Creek Hunter (1916-1994). http://education.stateuniversity.com/pages/2074/Hunter-Madeline-Cheek-1916-1994.html
Strand, Phillip; Christensen, Halper, Andy. (2006) Schools of Fish!. Hyperion. New York, New York.
Please follow Me:TeachersNotebook: https://www.teachersnotebook.com/shop/eac913
Google +: https://plus.google.com/u/0/
Instructional Material Blog for Freebies and Other Material: http://www.instructionalmaterialsbyelizabethchapin-pinotti.com/